As Seen OnFastCompany, WSJ, The New York Times, WebMD
AboutBlog maintained by Certified Phlebotomy Technician James l. Davis, BS, CPT
Most Popular Post
What is Phlebotomy?
Phlebotomy is the practice of drawing blood from a patient so that it may be tested by a laboratory. If you are stuck in a dead-end job and looking to gain entrance into a demanding career in the field of healthcare, this is your opportunity!
Phlebotomy TrainingPhlebotomyTraininginfo.com provides you researched position papers allowing future healthcare professionals to make better informed decisions. All the articles are written by a certified phlebotomist. Phlebotomy Training Info is the bona fide source of ethical and authoritative information.
James L. Davis (PhD Candidate) Copyright © 2010 - 2011
Phlebotomy is the highly skilled technique of collecting or drawing blood for sampling or for collection. This precise skill can be developed with specialized training and after the completion of the training one can get good jobs with competitive pay at hospitals, research institutes, laboratories etc.
The specialized procedure for collecting blood from the vein is relatively new and the demand for qualified and certified technicians or phlebotomists grew over last two decades. With advanced technologies and procedure the process of collection and containment procedures have become safe and sterile than it used to be.
In phlebotomy training one learns how to properly draw blood causing the least amount of pain to a patient. This job demands high level of skill and practice. Moreover, phlebotomy training also involves providing guidance on handling and controlling biohazardous materials like the blood samples and sterile unused and used needles.
The students of phlebotomy must also learn proper bedside manner which is extremely critical with exact training on patient care. A phlebotomist must show an exact mixture of skill and empathy.
In phlebotomy training the students learn in detail on human anatomy, needle technique, creating patient rapport, medical safety and processes of keeping record. Additionally, one goes through academic as well as hands on training on handling several medical equipments including containers for collecting biohazardous waste containers and biohazardous-spill kits, dermal puncture devices, syringes of various sizes, vacuum tubes, blood-culture bottles, bandages and tape, tourniquets, locking arm rests, etc.
Like any other technical/medical trainings, phlebotomy training can be obtained as a 4-year bachelor's degree or a 2-year associate's degree in phlebotomy. You can also join some vocational programs that are offered at community colleges, hospitals or private medical facilities. In this you can get phlebotomy training within one year. This site covers everything related to the role of a phlebotomist, the job entry requirements and training, we also help students find information about phlebotomy classes.
- Opportunities in healthcare: Phlebotomy jobs
- Become a Phlebotomist
- Available Phlebotomy Careers
- How Much Can You Earn from a Phlebotomist Salary
- Considering Careers as Phlebotomy Instructors
- For A Successful Medical Technologist Career, Is A Phlebotomy Degree Required?
- What Do Phlebotomy Services Include?
- Quality Phlebotomy Skills for a Successful Career
- The History of Phlebotomy
- Phlebotomy Questions
- Phlebotomy Practice Test
- Merits of pursuing phlebotomy courses online
- Tips to enter medical field: Attend phlebotomy classes
- Useful tips to succeed in a phlebotomy exam
- The Advantages of Taking Online Phlebotomy Courses
- What Kind of Phlebotomy Classes You Can Attend
- A Guide to a Phlebotomy Sample Quiz
- What are the Great Phlebotomy Books?
- Get Phlebotomy Courses Online
- Essential tips to get phlebotomy certification
- Advantages of getting phlebotomy technician certification
- Useful tips to become a certified phlebotomist
- Find Out If You Are Ready for the Phlebotomy Certification Exam
- A Phlebotomy Review You Need in order to pass Your Certification Exam
- Online Phlebotomy Certification – Is it really Possible?
- What Are the Phlebotomy Requirements?
- How To Become Certified Phlebotomy Technician
- Phlebotomy Association
- Significance and Surpassing Secrets of Phlebotomy Exam Review
- What Phlebotomy Colleges Are There?
- Top Phlebotomy Schools
- Training Courses in Healthcare: Phlebotomy training
- Venipuncture Training
- Phlebotomy Information
- Responsibilities of a phlebotomist
- Getting your Phlebotomy License
- Want to be a Phlebotomist? Go to Phlebotomy Training Centers
- Phlebotomy Jobs with the Red Cross
- What Is Free Phlebotomy Training?
- The Best Phlebotomy Tips